Calls for Proposals and Expression of Interests (24/01 - 21/03/2011)
The next Call for Proposals and Expression of Interest will open on 24 January 2011.The deadline for submitting proposals is 21 March 2011.
The total available budget for this Call amounts to up to 5.493.000,00 EURO.
The Call includes the following:
Proposals for Applied Research projects
Priority 1 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
- European Regions: Potential Contribution to the EU 2020 Strategy (budget: 400.000,00 EURO)
- Territorial Scenarios and Visions for Europe (budget: 1.200.000,00 EURO)
- Territorial Potentials for a Greener Economy (budget: 750.000,00 EURO)
- Territorial Governance – Best Practices for New Perspectives (budget: 750.000,00 EURO)
Expression of Interest by stakeholders for Targeted Analyses
Priority 2 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
Targeted Analyses can take the form of (1) integrated studies and thematic analyses, (2) knowledge support to innovative and experimental actions and (3) joint actions related to other Structural Funds Programmes.
Budget: 1.795.000,00 EURO financing up to 5 new projects in a later calls for proposals.
Proposals within the ESPON Scientific Platform
Priority 3 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
- EU Territorial Monitoring and Reporting System (budget: 598.000,00).
Public and private body can apply for the Call for Proposal on Applied Research Projects and the Call for Proposals within the ESPON Scientific Platform.
Only public authorities are considered as stakeholders in the Call for Expression of Interests. The eligible stakeholders for Targeted Analyses under the type of action (1) and (2) are:
- Groups of at least 3 regions and/or cities (minimum of 3 public authorities at regional/local level representing 3 different countries participating in ESPON 2013 Programme);
- Public authorities at national administrative levels. In this case, no minimum number of partners is required for submitting the Expression of Interest.
The eligible stakeholders for Targeted Analyses under the type of action (3) are:
- Authorities responsible for implementing Structural Funds Programmes 2007 -2013 Objective 1, 2 and 3. In this case, no minimum number of partners is required for submitting the Expression of Interest.
How to Apply
All the documentation related to the calls, including the procedure for applying, the eligibility rules, the evaluation criteria and the submission material, will be made available by 24 January 2011 at the ESPON Website.
ESPON Info Day on New Calls and Partner Café
The ESPON 2013 Programme invites potential beneficiaries to the Info Day on New Calls and Partner Café on 10 February 2011 in Brussels. It will be the chance to get information on the new funding opportunities and to meet potential project partners. Deadline for registration is 28 January 2011 at 15h00. Register here.
ESPON Partner Café – Overview and LinkedIn Group
Research institutes that are looking for partners to prepare a proposal for one of the projects under the Call are remembered to have a look at the overview of potential partners. The fields of expertise that are indicated in the overview provide you with a good impression of which institutes might be interested in the same research theme as you and might wish to join you in a Transnational Project Group. Overview
The ESPON Partner Café has its own LinkedIn group where potential partners can launch discussions and find partners to carry out ESPON projects. Visit the ESPON Partner Café LinkedIn Group here.
For questions concerning the content of the Call, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions related to administrative issues and application procedures please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The pre-announcement of the Call is published in the Official Journal of the European Union (reference: OJ, C 323 of 30/11/2010).
Potential applicants are recommended to take into account the legal framework accessible here.