News - 19 May 2016
Policy Brief “Territorial Implication of Better Regulation for Europe towards 2050”
Better Regulation, with the aim to lead to EU policies achieving their objectives in the most effective and efficient way, is one of the central themes of the Dutch EU-Presidency.
Upon request the ESPON EGTC analysed possible long-term effects in case the design and implementation of the regulatory framework would not be aligned with Better Regulation.
This policy brief shows the necessity of better regulation by addressing two types of EU policies: Cohesion policy and the Transport Infrastructure policy. More
Workshop at the Metropolitan Solutions 2016
Berlin, 1st of June 2016 – Only two weeks to go before the Workshop “European second tier cities in cohesive territorial development” which takes place in Berlin on the 1st of June in the framework of the Metropolitan Solutions 2016, the world’s biggest combined congress and expo for smart cities.
All speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Michael Parkinson, University of Liverpool, UK
- Michaela Gensheimer, ESPON EGTC, Luxembourg
- Peter Schön, BBSR, Germany
- Volker Schmidt-Seiwert, BBSR, Germany
- Julian Jansen, City of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Andreas Schubert, City of Rostock, Germany
- Katharina Erdmenger, Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, Germany
- Luisa Pedrazzini, Lombardy Region, Italy
- Inga Goldberga, City of Daugavpils, Latvia
- Martin Gauk, ESPON EGTC, Luxembourg
Register HERE until Friday 27 May 2016 at 15h00. When you have registered you will receive a voucher code that you can use to get your free ticket. For more information about the event and the programme, please visit the ESPON`s website
Seminar “Territory matters: keeping Europe and its regions competitive”
Only 13 days left to register, register now!
Amsterdam, 16 and 17 June 2016 - The Seminar offers an excellent meeting and discussion forum and brings together policy makers and experts to share latest territorial evidence and to debate challenges around themes relating to the regional competitiveness.
- During the event the following themes will be taken up:
- Competitiveness of European regions
- Impact of EU policy on national spatial planning
- Urban Pact
- Polycentric development at different scales
- Cross border co-operation
- Bottom-up planning
- Policy focus and issues in European territorial development
- ESPON and INSPIRE
The full updated programme is online at the ESPON`s Website
New ESPON EGTC Director
At a meeting of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme held in Brussels on 17 March 2016, the appointment of Ms Ilona Raugze as new ESPON EGTC director was announced. Ilona joined the ESPON EGTC, which includes 15 staff, on the 1st of May 2016. More