News - 12 August 2016
- Pre-announcement In 2017 the ESPON EGTC will tender 7 new themes for applied research activities. More
- Ongoing Projects The first 7 Applied Research projects cover topics of high relevance for policy making, such as employment, world in Europe, SMEs, low-carbon economy, inner peripheries, foresight studies, spatial planning and governance. Summaries of the projects are available here.
- Let's talk about our future! Join the discussion on possible territorial futures and share your ideas on social media: ESPON – Territorial Futures on LinkedIn and RegioNetwork on Yammer.
Stakeholder proposals for Targeted Analyses Cut-off date 19 August 2016
With the objective of contributing to policy demands and development strategies with tailor-made territorial evidence, ESPON Targeted Analyses offer the opportunity to bring in the European perspective into policy and programming processes. ESPON evaluates twice per year the proposals received by certain cut-off dates; the next cut-off date is 19 August 2016. Further information.
Open Calls for Tender
Targeted Analysis Regional strategies for sustainable and inclusive territorial development (ReSSI) – Regional interplay and EU dialogue, deadline 16 September 2016 at 14:00
Targeted Analysis Spatial dynamics and strategic planning in metropolitan areas - SPIMA, deadline 16 September 2016 at 10:00
- Targeted Analysis Thinking and planning in areas of territorial cooperation (TCA), deadline 9 September 2016 at 14:00
- ESPON 2020 data and map updates deadline 19 September 2016 at 10:00
- Transnational Outreach Support deadline 12 September 2016 at 10h30
- Senior Scientific Quality Management deadline 12 September 2016 at 14:00.
- 14 September 2016 in Brussels - ESPON Workshop “Polycentric Territorial Structures and Territorial Cooperation: What, where and how?” Registration by 7 September 2016. Further information
- 12 and 13 October 2016 in Brussels - ESPON at the EWRC 2016 in Brussels ESPON will contribute to the European Week of Regions and Cities with a joint workshop on circular economy and speeches in cooperation with other EU Institutions and Programmes. Registration is open until 26 September 2016. Find out more here
- 7 and 8 December 2016 in Bratislava - ESPON Seminar in cooperation with the EU Presidency of Slovakia, Save the date!
- ESPON Policy Brief "Second Tier Cities Matter" This Policy Brief shows the significance of second tier cities for economic growth and jobs as well as for polycentric and cohesive territorial development. More
ESPON EGTC Vacancies
1. Project Expert Communication, Press and Social Media Extension of Deadline - 09 September 2016
2. Project Expert Project Development and Coordination Deadline 22 August 2016 at 16h00.
3. Young academics wanted! The ESPON EGTC is looking for two trainees for a period of 5 months. The deadline for applying is 16 August 2016.