ESPON 2013 Programme Newsletter No 20/8 July 2011
Pre-announcement ESPON Calls for Proposals
(24/08/2011 - 20/10/2011)
Call for Proposals for four Applied Research Projects, up to five Targeted Analyses, six Scientific Platform/Tools projects and Transnational Networking Activities will open on 24 August 2011.
Public and private bodies from 31 countries (EU 27 Member States, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) are invited to apply for these Calls.
This means that researchers and research institutions, universities, scientists, experts and academics etc. from these countries can participate as partners in transnational project groups.
The Call on Transnational Networking Activities is dedicated to the institutions confirmed as national ESPON Contact Points.
(1) Applied Research projects - the following four themes will be included in the Call:
- European Neighbour Regions
- Small and Medium sized Towns in their Functional Territorial Context
- The territorial dimension of Poverty and Social Exclusion in Europe
- Economic Crises: Resilience of Regions
(2) Targeted Analyses based on Expressions of Interest by Stakeholders - the Call shall include up to five projects.
The Monitoring Committee at its meeting on 23 and 24 June 2011 selected the highest ranked eligible Expressions of Interest to form the basis for the project specifications to be included in the Call. The project specifications are currently in elaboration and the themes will be published in August. Only Targeted Analysis for which the agreement process with the Stakeholders has been finalised will be included in the call.
(3) ESPON Scientific Platform/Tools - the following six themes will be included in the Call:
- ESPON Atlas on European Territorial Structures and Dynamics
- Detecting Territorial Potential and Challenges
- Territorial Evidence Packs for ERDF Programmes
- ESPON Online Mapping Tool
- EU Territorial Monitoring and Reporting
- Territorial Monitoring in a European Macro Region – A test for the Baltic Sea Region
(4) Transnational Networking Activities by the ESPON Contact Point network
This call is dedicated to the institutions confirmed as national ESPON Contact Points.
ESPON Info Day and Partner Café. Brussels, 13 September 2011
In the framework of the upcoming Calls for Proposals, ESPON invites to the Info Day on and Partner Café, which will take place on 13 September 2011 in Brussels.
At the event the European Commission and the Polish EU Presidency will present the policy demand behind the need for further ESPON results.
Reserve your place, deadline for registration is 2 September 2011 at 15h00!
Please find below the Newsletter
|ESPON Newsletter No 20 8 July 2011||DOC||1.02 MB|