Why Does Europe Need ESPON? Video 1
Intelligent, sustainable and inclusive growth – this is the strategy for Europe 2020. Better European competitiveness, targeted investment and the use of development opportunities related to diversity are the keys to success.
Policy makers, stakeholders, researchers, experts highlight the usefulness of ESPON in support of policy development with pan-European knowledge and evidence.
- Alexander Roy, Manchester Commission for New Economy, Stakeholder of CAEE (The Case for Agglomeration Economies in Europe)
- Roberta Capello, Politecnico di Milano, Lead Partner of KIT (Knowledge, Innovation, Territory)
- Kurt Mittringer, City of Vienna, Stakeholder of POLYCE (Metropolisation and Polycentric Development in Central Europe: Evidence Based Strategic Options)
- Moritz Lennert, Free University of Brussels, Lead Partner of FOCI (Future Orientation for Cities)
- Maria José Festas, ESPON Monitoring Committee Member from Portugal
- Johannes Hahn, EU Commissioner for Regional Policy
- Michael Smyth, Member of EESC (European Economic and Social Committee)
- Claude Wiseler, Minister of Sustainable Development and Infrastructures of Luxembourg
- Script Why Does Europe Need ESPON? Video 1
- ESPON High Level Conference on Targeted Analyses
- ESPON Open Seminar "Evidence and Knowledge Needs for the Territorial Agenda 2020 and the EU Cohesion Policy"
- Europe 2020 Strategy