Factsheets for Cross-border and Transnational Co-operation Areas
28 November 2012 - The ESPON TerrEvi – Territorial Evidence Packs for Structural Funds Programmes - project focuses on producing evidence for Structural Funds programmes with the aim to support the development of the programmes to be carried out in the 2014-2020 period.
One milestone of this work consists in presenting selected research pieces in easy-to-understand factsheets for all territorial cooperation programme areas.
The aim is to provide the reader with preliminary insight on types of territorial evidence ESPON holds at hand with regard to the possible investment priorities of future programmes.
The factsheets certainly only give a first glimpse rather than fully present the work of the large number of ESPON projects that are currently underway.
Likewise, each programme area includes diverse development potentials and challenges, which needs targeted information search.
However, hopefully this factsheet will contain information, benchmarking the programme area in its larger, territorial context, that is of interest and help to better understand the programme area and to navigate within the richness of ESPON material available.
Each factsheet is structured in three main parts.
- The first part presents a selection of indicators that help comparing the situation of the programme area with the European average, the average for all programme areas as well as the situation in the countries involved.
- The second part briefly presents the territorial factors of interest for the programme area.
- The final part offers guidance on the further use of ESPON results and tools.
- In addition to the programme factsheets there will be a number of specific programme case studies illustrating how ESPON material can be used to support the development of future programmes e.g. by giving a comparative European dimension to the envisaged SWOTs. These case studies will be carried out in early 2013.
- The factsheets does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the ESPON Monitoring Committee.
- ESPON Project TerrEvi – Territorial Evidence Packs for Structural Funds Programmes