ULYSSES - Using applied research results from ESPON as a yardstick for cross-border spatial development planning
ULYSSES is an experimental and innovative project supported by 18 European border and cross-border areas, which aims at using applied research results from ESPON as a yardstick for decentralised cross-border spatial development planning.
Based upon a sound methodological approach, the targeted analysis is expected – as a first step – to establish high-quality and multi-thematic territorial analyses on six specific cross-border areas, which take into consideration future territorial challenges expressed in findings of the ESPON 2006 Programme and of the current ESPON 2013 Programme.
The targeted analysis will realise 6 comprehensive and multi-thematic territorial analyses as main outcomes and will deliver to cross-border areas a “reference baseline” on ground of which new cross-border spatial development concepts can be elaborated and / or already existing ones can be reviewed and up-graded. The strategic result of this element of the targeted analysis is therefore to lay the basis for launching - both technically and operationally - more comprehensive cross-border spatial development planning processes.
In addition the targeted analysis will elaborate 7 “data fact sheets” on the cross-border areas not covered by the six multi-thematic territorial analyses.
- Alsace Region (Lead Stakeholder)
- Regio Basiliensis
- Regional Planning Board of the Middle Upper Rhine
- Regional Planning Board of the Southern Upper Rhine
- Prefectural Authority of Drama-Kavala-Xanthi
- Regional Council of North Karelia
- Government of Navarra, Department of Housing and Spatial Planning
- Regional Development and Spatial Planning Commission of Alentejo – Spatial Planning and Land Management Direction
- General Direction of Urbanism and Spatial Planning, Ministry of Building, Regional Government of Extremadura,
- The Öresund Committee
- Danube-Kris-Mures-Tisa Euroregion
- City of Szczecin
- EuRegio Salzburg-Berchtesgadener Land-Traunstein
- Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Working Community of the Pyrenees
- PI Nemunas Euroregion Marijampole Bureau
- Ems Dollart Region
FUNDACIÓN TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION, Spain
Detailed information on the contracted project team can be found under Transnational Project Groups.
Budget: € 349,682.23
Project’s lifetime: September 2010 – July 2012
Delivery of Reports
Inception Report: 31 January 2011
Annex to Inception Report: 27 May 2011
Interim Report: 5 October 2011
Draft Final Report: 29 February 2012
Final Report: 30 April 2012
Reports will be published once they are approved by the ESPON Monitoring Committee
Please contact the Project Expert at the ESPON Coordination Unit:
Sara FERRARA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Draft Final Report||29.14 MB|
|Interim Report||ZIP||93.61 MB|
|Inception Report||367.74 KB|
|Project Specification||142.22 KB|