ESPONTrain - Establishment of a transnational ESPON training programme to stimulate interest to ESPON2013 knowledge
The ESPONTrain Project is aiming at making ESPON2013 knowledge operational in a coordinated and transnational way for practical use at regional and local level, and translating ESPON Europe-wide information and findings to the regional/local level.
Specifically, the project is aiming at:
- Stimulating a transnational educational and training ESPON activity facilitated by both an e-learning procedure and a networking promoted by ECPs.
- Identifying efficient target groups within the national environments (both educational and policy making) so as to be multipliers of the diffusion of the ESPON philosophy, ideas, findings and results.
- Disseminating knowledge already produced by the ESPON2013 Programme transforming it in comprehensible educational and training material, maintaining its scientific soundness.
Main results in terms of capitalisation
The ESPONTrain Project shall be able to ensure commitment and engagement of the stakeholders involved and provide them with ESPON knowledge so as to make them “multipliers” of the ESPON findings.
Main activities envisaged
- Definition of target groups, identification of trainers and trainees
- Collection, analysis and identification of the educational material based on the ESPON results
- Identification of course structure and choice of educational scenarios
- Building of the learning platform and selection of online opportunities and multimedia to be used
- 1st educational cycle implementation (for professionals)
- 2nd educational cycle implementation (for post-graduate students)
- Evaluation and reporting on the ESPONTrain learning cycles
- Final transnational conference
The main thematic teaching packages, based on the ESPON Projects, are the following:
- Migration-demography (ESPON Project: DEMIFER)
- Rural (ESPON Project: EDORA)
- Energy - Climate change and other risks (ESPON Projects: ReRISK and ESPON Climate)
- Urban & Agglomeration economies (ESPON Project: FOCI and SGPDT)
- Types of specific territories (ESPON Projects: EUROISLANDS and TeDI)
- Territorial cooperation - Governance building (METROBORDER and TERCO)
- policy makers and practitioners coming from the public sector dealing with territorial development and cohesion strategies and plans
- post-graduate students and young researchers/professionals in spatial planning and territorial development.
Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences of Athens – Research Committee, Greece.
Detailed information on the contracted project team can be found under Transnational Project Groups.
Budget: € 436 875,00
Project’s lifetime: 15 November 2010 - 31 January 2013
Delivery of Reports
Draft Final Report: 30 November 2013
Final Report: 30 January 2013
Please contact the Project Expert at the ESPON Coordination Unit:
Peter BILLING, email: email@example.com