CaDEC - Capitalisation and Dissemination of ESPON Concepts
The main aim of the project is to capitalise on and disseminate ESPON results and activities using concepts included in ESPON Priority 1 projects as a gateway to ESPON reports. To realise this, the project follows a three-pronged implementation strategy:
- The construction of an information network between Project Partners, and at a national level between Project Partners and members of the national Target Groups
- A systemic dissemination process based on a mix of top-down inputs and bottom-up initiatives as well as an interactive process of the network, , which will contribute to identify needs for future ESPON projects.
- A diversity approach, which implies:
- Assuring a certain level of comparison between the Target Groups identified in different countries in order to secure the transnational character of the project,
- Adjusting the choice of the Target Groups to national contexts in order to reach an accurate dissemination and capitalisation of ESPON concepts within the 9 countries participating to the Project.
- Combining national and transnational workshops to prevent the exclusion of non-English speakers.
- Exchanging experiences taking into account the diversity of proposals in relation to different contexts (i.e. various levels of governance in each country).
Main results in terms of capitalisation
Based on the results of the planned questionnaire distributed to the Target Groups in each country, it will be possible to identify their needs for capitalisation and dissemination The capitalisation will include:
- Selection of ESPON Priority 1 projects in relation to the concepts chosen, which can better inform members of the Target Groups on ESPON researches. The selected projects will be summarized in national languages and made available to the members of the Target Groups.
- Synthesis of national and transnational workshops outputs, which will take the form of a transnational report. This report will identify common needs, common ideas and suggestions for ESPON in relation to the understanding and uses of the concepts chosen in the framework of ESPON projects.
Main activities envisaged
- Distribution of a questionnaire to members of the Target Groups in each country.
- National workshops organised by the Project Partners with the questionnaire as a background frame, with the aim to elaborate needs of the members of the Target Groups, to present ESPON projects in relation to the concepts in a more interactive way and identify ideas and suggestions for ESPON Targeted Analyses projects.
- Two transnational workshops:
- Where the project partners and experts will present the results of their activities (analysis of the questionnaire, results of the national workshops) and work (presentation of concepts selected in relation with national spatial planning systems) to the other Project Partners, selected members of the Target Groups and external experts.
- Involving members from the Target Groups will provide an opportunity to present the synthesis of different national workshops and to discuss and exchange on further needs, suggestions and ideas for ESPON.
Université Paris Diderot Paris 7, FR
Detailed information on the contracted project team can be found under Transnational Project Groups.
Budget: € 525.081,56
Project’s lifetime: 30 September 2010 – 31 December 2013
Delivery of Reports
Draft Final Report: 30 September 2013
Final Report: 31 December 2013
Please contact the Project Expert at the ESPON Coordination Unit:
Peter BILLING, e-mail: email@example.com