INTERSTRAT - ESPON in Integrated Territorial Strategies
The aim of this project is to encourage and facilitate the use of ESPON findings in the creation and monitoring of integrated territorial development strategies and to support transnational learning about the actual and potential contribution of ESPON to integrated policy-making.
Its focus is active learning, using ESPON analysis and related data in the development of integrated territorial development strategies at all levels of decision-making. It aims to maximise transnational cooperation that recognises the importance of working with the diversity of institutional practice and regional potentials that characterises European territories.
Main results in terms of capitalisation
- To encourage and facilitate the use of ESPON findings in the creation and monitoring of Integrated Territorial Development Strategies (ITDS) and to support transnational learning about the actual and potential contribution of ESPON to integrated policy-making.
- To facilitate transnational exchange of experience, concepts and data about the development, implementation and monitoring of integrated territorial strategies in the context of the ESPON Programme.
- To developing and applying a transnational approach to active knowledge-transfer between ESPON scientists and policy makers and practitioners from the participating countries within ESPON.
- To stimulate interest from practitioners and stakeholders for targeted analytical deliveries under Priority 2 of the ESPON 2013 Programme.
- To explore the usefulness of ESPON findings in the development of ITDS.
- To support transnational interest in the preparation of ITDS, that can contribute to competitiveness and cohesion through development of Europe’s regions.
Main activities envisaged
- Transnational sharing of practice in engaging of ITDS practitioners in the ESPON programme through national engagement strategies that reflect the capacities of each ECP and their national context.
- Innovative and cost-effective use of a web-platform, linked to the ESPON Programme website, in engaging stakeholders and supporting transnational learning.
- The targeted design of dissemination material based on transnational learning around the capitalisation of ESPON in integrated territorial development strategies.
- Interactive events held in each partner nation, exploring ITDS in the ESPON context, which will aim to deliver, in the appropriate national language, learning material developed through transnational co-operation within the project.
- Transnational networking to share of experiences on the role of ECPs as a link between ESPON and the national and regional users of ESPON.
Web portal link: http://www.espon-interstrat.eu/
Detailed information on the contracted project team can be found under Transnational Project Groups.
Budget: € 881 973,00
Project’s lifetime: 16 February 2010 - 31 March 2012
Delivery of Reports
Draft Final Report: 22 December 2011
Final Report: 30 April 2012
Please contact the Project Expert at the ESPON Coordination Unit:
Sandra DI BIAGGIO, e-mail: email@example.com