NORBA - Nordic-Baltic dialogues on Transnational Perspectives in Spatial Planning
The aim of this project is to facilitate transnational dialogues on spatial planning between policy makers and practitioners, scientists and young academics and students in the Nordic-Baltic countries.
Cooperation with Nordic and Baltic organizations dealing with spatial planning issues and territorial cohesion, Vision and Strategies in the Baltic Sea Region (VASAB) and the Nordic Section of the Regional Science Association, is seen as a means of contributing to the formation of a Nordic-Baltic community on transnational planning issues.
Main results in terms of capitalisation
- Dissemination, capitalization and awareness rising of ESPON results and its implications for the Nordic-Baltic region.
- Transnational dialogues on spatial planning between policy makers and practitioners, scientists and young academics and students in the Nordic-Baltic countries.
- Mutual learning process between the Nordic-Baltic region and ESPON.
- Contribution to the ability of national and regional policy-makers as well as researchers to position their own regions, macro-regions, national territories in a European (ESPON) context.
- Contribution to the discussion and debate around the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
- Trans-generational dialogue by engaging with young researchers and students that are active in the spatial and territorial development policy field.
- Project Website, link
- Conference in Stockholm, February 2011. Title: "Transnational perspectives on spatial planning. Experiences from the Nordic-Baltic countries".
- Conference and Student session in Roskilde, May 2011.Title: "Zooming in on European spatial perspectivees in the Baltic Sea Region".
- Scientific seminar in Oslo, March 2012. Title: "Nordic and Baltic regions in a European development and policy context".
- Final Conference in Jurmala, August 2012. Title: "Territorial cohesion in Europe and BSR".
University of Eastern Finland / Karelian Institute, Finland.
Detailed information on the contracted project team can be found under Transnational Project Groups.
Budget: € 319 053,00
Project’s lifetime: 16 February 2010 - 31 December 2012
Delivery of Reports
Draft Final Report: 30 September 2012
Final Report: 31 December 2012
Please contact the Project Expert at the ESPON Coordination Unit:
Pierina PETRUZZI, email: email@example.com