Call for Tender for Targeted Analysis
"Linking networks of protected areas to territorial development (LinkPAs)"
16 February 2017 - The service shall analyse the role of networks of protected areas in defining and implementing sustainable territorial development strategies and policies.
The main outcome should be new evidence on the impact of networks of protected areas (NPAs) on territorial development, and recommendations for successful integration of the management of natural resources into sectoral strategies. In addition, this activity should identify ways for strengthening the relation between authorities governing protected areas and the surrounding territories and populations.
- Abruzzo Region (lead stakeholder)
- European Park Alpi Marittime Mercantour
- ALPARC – Alpine Network of Protected Areas
- Razlog Municipality
- Administrative body for the management of protected areas of Maritime Alps
- Which different types of NPAs exist across European mountain regions in general and in the stakeholder territories (i.e. Abruzzo Region, European Park Alpi Marittime Mercantour, ALPARC territory, Razlog Municipality, Maritime Alps) in particular?
- How and to what extent do NPAs contribute to developing and implementing territorial development strategies? Which policy sectors do they mainly impact on (e.g. sustainable tourism, environmental protection, climate change adaptation, urban and spatial planning)? What kind of actions and/or policies are needed to ensure a sustainable and integrated management of natural resources in mountain areas?
- Are NPAs able to support local business development? Which are the main economic sectors affected? Which schemes (e.g. financial and legal framework, policy dialogue and cross-sectoral approaches, stakeholder involvement methods, policy cycle assessment) can be used to involve local actors, particularly SMEs, and mobilize private sector investment? Do NPAs support green jobs and business creation at the local level?
- How can framework conditions be created in mountain regions for strengthening the relationship between protected areas and citizens of those regions and the surroundings?
- How do citizens benefit from cross-sectoral strategies developed within NPAs for a sustainable use of natural resources? Which opportunities exist to increase the awareness of civil society for the role of NPAs in the management of natural resources and how can their quality of life be improved by fostering the development of NPAs?
ESPON Projects Relevant for this Targeted Analysis
The maximum available budget for this contract is 220.000,00 EUR (two hundred twenty thousand Euros), exclusive of VAT but inclusive of all other taxes, disbursements, travel, accommodation and delivery costs.
The documentation related to the Call, such as technical specifications, annexes, questions and answers, can be accessed free of charge, until 7 days before submission deadline, as follows:
Deadline for the submission of the offers is 27 March 2017 at 10:00 (CET - Central European Time).
- Any request for additional information must be made by email to the following address: email@example.com.
- This tender notice has been published at the “Portail des Marchés Publics” of Luxembourg (www.marches.public.lu/) and at the online version of the “Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union”, dedicated to European public procurement TED (Tenders Electronic Daily).